I have had a pretty good week. Aside from insane hours of school work I did manage to find some time to post process.
I am pretty happy with this image. I spent a bit of time on the floor in this image as the crop left too small of a visual mass to allow the reflection to lead the subject.
I ended up cloning in about 1/3 of what you now see of the floor.
I was not the actual photographer at this wedding so I would have preferred a fill light on the subjects faces. But as you can see the dynamic range of the camera did a fairly good job of lifting the shadows without the window light blowing out the rest of the frame.
I had another shot in this series that was tighter to the subject and actually excluded the upper windows and the lamp. I thought I would like it better but with this crop I feel the balance is strong between the white space created by the window and the visual interest of the reflection. This helps to allow the eye to focus on the subjects but still see the interest of the rest of the frame.
This is a low resolution image but still maintains a ton of the detail of the original shot.
I hope you like it and even if you don’t feel free to leave your constructive criticism in the comments below.